As a result of the Covid 19 pandemic we have had to adjust the ways in which we provide you with catering here at Exeter College.
Whether you are a returning student or a Fresher we want you to return with the knowledge that we are working hard to ensure the safety of our staff and you our customers, but that we are also striving to ensure you receive the experience of Oxford, with the expected provision of excellence, quality and diversity across our services .
So, what can you expect?
Enhanced Safety, Cleaning and Personal Hygiene Measures:
- We have introduced a Hand Washing Station outside of the hall and other hand sanitizing stations around the site.
- Tables will be cleaned between each diner
- Dining areas will be deep cleaned between each service
- Our already rigorous cleaning protocols have been reviewed and enhanced, and our colleagues have received additional training as the distribution of essential PPE to ensure their own wellbeing as well as yours
- Please feel free to bring your own plates/boxes/cutlery if you wish.
- A cashless payment system will continue to be in place across all outlets, cash will not be accepted.
Household Dining & Physical Distancing:
- A queue management system, distancing markings on the floor, and clear signposting will be set up at both catering outlets
- Face coverings are to be worn inside
- Students are welcome to eat dinner in the Dining Hall, which opens 17.30, after cleaning, until 19.00.
- Seating will be available for diners to use at the Dakota Cafe.
- Formal Hall will be reinstated on Wednesdays and Sundays
- Guests are now permitted but must be accompanied by and paid for by a member
Bottled water will be available for the servery, but we encourage you to bring your own water bottles and to fill them from the water coolers in the hall, outside the Saskatchewan Room, and in the JCR.
As always, the catering team work hard to provide you with everything you need to thrive here at Exeter College, if you have any special dietary requirements, allergens or religious dietary requirements please let us know so that we can make sure you are catered for correctly.