Exeter College admits around 100 graduates each year across a wide range of subjects. Some applicants have previously completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the College, or at other Oxford Colleges, but most come from other universities from across the world. Our vibrant and diverse graduate community provides a wonderful environment in which to pursue your studies.
Details of which Colleges admit students for each course can be found on Oxford University’s College Search Tool.
For more information about courses of study or how to make an application please see the University website.
Graduate Admissions selection criteria for Exeter College
- Applicants must first have been accepted by a Department or Faculty of the University of Oxford before any college or permanent private hall may consider them.
- Applications are considered for any of the courses in which the College offers admission. Please consult the relevant course listing for details.
- Applications are usually considered by academic staff in the relevant subject area or the Academic Dean
- Preference will normally be given to applicants whose area of study overlaps with the academic interests of the College’s academic staff.
- The College aims to admit a certain number of graduate students each year spread across the range of subjects in which it accepts graduate students, and this will determine the number of offers which can be made to applicants. Where there are more applicants than offers which can be made, the relative academic merit and potential of the applicants may be taken into account. It may not be possible to make offers to applicants whose applications are received late in the admissions round, when places are full.
- The possession of competitively-won funding may be taken into account as an indicator of the applicant’s academic merit and potential.
- The final decision on whether to offer a place in the light of the overall competition for graduate places and the spread of those places across subject areas is usually taken by the Academic Dean.
- Please note that any offer of a place will be subject to satisfactory completion of the financial declaration form that will be sent to the applicant as part of the offer of a place. Please consult this guidance for more details.
- Preference may be given to current or past students of the College who meet the selection criteria described above.
If you have questions about applying to the University please see the University’s FAQ and contact information .
If you have any questions about studying at Exeter College, or the College’s Graduate Scholarships, please contact the Admissions Officer, Dan Aldred, via email@example.com or +44 (0)1865 279668.