Routine symptom-free testing for all
Keep the community safe
If you are working or studying on site, you are strongly encouraged to get tested for COVID-19 twice a week, every week in Trinity term. This includes any member of staff or student who is accessing University or college buildings, as well as students resident at their term-time address.
You should go to one of the University’s symptom-free (LFD) testing centres to get tested. These are located in easy-to-access sites around Oxford (further details below), and they follow strict safety measures.
Testing is free and convenient, and there will be staff on hand to assist you.
Regular symptom-free (Lateral Flow Device) testing can detect whether you have COVID-19 before you develop symptoms. It is an important tool in helping to stop the spread of COVID-19, and will help to protect the community.
(please note: SSO required)
What to do if you have COVID Symptoms
The main symptoms are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms. You can also check your symptoms on the NHS website https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19. If you have any of the following main symptoms, you must
- Self-Isolate – read more information about Self-Isolation or complete the self-isolation declaration form
- Get a PCR test – read more information about testing and How to Book a test
- Email the College Welfare Team at this address: email@example.com to make sure we are aware and can monitor your situation
- Review the What happens next on the what to do after your test section
For further information see the relevant sections below