Exeter and sister college Emmanuel, Cambridge enter reciprocal agreement
Exeter College and Emmanuel College, Cambridge have been ‘sister’ colleges since 1937. In recent years there have been numerous combined events, such as sports days and Formal Hall exchanges. To capitalise on this increased reciprocal activity and to promote yet further expansions of productive contact between the two academic communities, on 23 June the two colleges formally entered into a joint agreement.
The agreement allows Fellows and students to book accommodation and breakfast, at the relevant fellows/student rates, at their sister college (subject to availability). It also authorises, during such visits, access to the shared common spaces within either college.
Both Colleges are also delighted to consider applications for Visiting Fellowships from Fellows who find themselves working for approximately a term or more in their sister college’s university. Both Colleges would also be pleased to consider applications for temporary membership of their respective SCRs and MCRs from senior members and postgraduate students working short-term in their sister college’s university.
Accommodation and breakfast bookings are subject to availability and the terms and conditions outlined below:
- Eligibility: The agreement is open to all Fellows and full-time residential students who are in good standing at their home college.
- Letter of Introduction: To be provided by the home college at the time of booking.
- Booking Fees: Fellows and students will be responsible for all fees and charges associated with attending the host college. Payment must be made within seven days of your room booking.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer, cheque or card payment.
- Rules and Regulations: Fellows and students will be subject to the rules and regulations of the host college providing accommodation.
Emmanuel College’s Front Court. Photo by David Iliff. License: CC BY-SA 3.0