My research focus is on the design, analysis, and application of numerical algorithms for information inspired applications in signal and image processing.
Select recent and upcoming publications
- Bounds of restricted isometry constants in extreme asymptotics: formulae for Gaussian matrices Bubacarr Bah and Jared Tanner; Linear Algebra and its Applications , Vol. 441(1) (2014) 88-109.
- Normalized iterative hard thresholding for matrix completion Jared Tanner and Ke Wei; SIAM J. on Scientific Computing , Vol. 35(5) (2013) S104-S125.
- Vanishingly sparse matrices and expander graphs, with application to compressed sensing Bubacarr Bah and Jared Tanner; IEEE Transactions on Information Theory , Vol. 59(11) (2013) 7491-7508.
- GPU accelerated greedy algorithms for compressed sensing Jeffrey D. Blanchard and Jared Tanner; Mathematical Programming Computation , Vol. 5(3) (2013) 267-304. Website for the associated software.
- Improved bounds on restricted isometry constants for Gaussian matrices, Bubacarr Bah and Jared Tanner; SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis , Vol. 31(5) (2010) 2882-2898.
- Coarse quantization for random interleaved sampling of bandlimited signals, Alexander M. Powell, Jared Tanner, Yang Wang, and Ozgur Yilmaz; Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis, Vol. 46(3) (2012) 605-618.
- Phase transitions for greedy sparse approximation algorithms , Jeffrey D. Blanchard, Coralia Cartis, Jared Tanner, and Andrew Thompson; Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, Vol. 30(2) (2011) 188-203.
- Precise Undersampling Theorems, David L. Donoho and Jared Tanner; Proceedings of the IEEE , Vol. 98(6), (2010), 913-924.
To view Professor Tanner’s departmental web page click here.